Saturday, January 19, 2008

2006 is going to be forgotten!

I am cleaning house. Something I obviously don't do very often as I still have a lot of images from 2006 on my website. If there are photos from 2006 that you would like to order, please let me know soon. After January 31, the photos are going in the archives and there will be an additional fee to dig them back out for reprints. The digital dungeons are going to become full.

So.. just for the thrill of digging up old photos, I thought I would post a couple of photos that I will be deleting from my website. These are from 2006 events. Enjoy.

August 2006 the Feeders & Friends had a benefit Feedlot Rodeo to help an injured bareback rider. I believe they raised around $26,000 that day. This was the beginning of the wild cow milking and it makes me wonder what the Oklahoma land rush looked like. There were 4 teams in the arena that roped and milked 4 cows at the same time. What an exciting event. Everyone survived - cowboys included.


Logan County Team Roping: Each county fair brings out the local cowboys in the county to compete for top honors. I believe this horse was also my 'model' for the picture featured in the book I illustrated called Corporate Cowboy.


Rollin H Arena between Brush and Akron has this wonderful family rodeo every Saturday night during the summer. They run 2 arenas and have events for the littlest cowboys and cowgirls up to those brave enough to get on the big bulls. This one little cowgirl learninger her barrel pattern on her stick horse. They have a wonderful event with a great family atmosphere.

No comments: